Thursday, November 25, 2010

Updates....

Hi Guys,

Sorry for taking too long to post something and answer some comments, I have been quite busy at work...

Right now there are two main issues in the printer:

1) The Teflon glass arrived and didn't work... :(
The main reason is that the coated Teflon is not opaque and the surface is irregular.
Still working to find a solution soon because the workaround of using Teflon and tape reduces a lot the quality. Additionally the process fail sometimes when the tape does not hold the Teflon... terrible

2) The resin is too sticky after printing and requires a complex post curing process, including chemical baths and sun bath. I am right now looking for some alternatives.

I will post some more details soon and answer the comments.

Cheers

Junior

4 comments:

  1. bad news about the teflon...
    i saw that the perfactory machine from envisiontec use a mecanical system for separating the resin from the building area. (tilting movement).
    there is a movie of the process on the bottom of this page: http://www.envisiontec.com/index.php?id=60
    keep the good work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. does the teflon itself need to be opaque? could you have an opaque material behind the clear teflon glass, making it "look" opaque?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Junior,

    We might be able to offer you an R&D project that you will enjoy (and get paid for) Please contact me at amirv33@hotmail.com. I will disclose our intentions in the mail.

    Thanks,

    Amir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Junior,

    I think that I can help you a lot.
    I already sent you my e-mail address, please contact Noa.hershkovitz@gmail.com
    Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

    Noa,

    ReplyDelete

About the Project


I have been dreaming about having a 3D Printer at home for many years, but the ones with good quality are not affordable and the low costs just deliver poor quality. Sounds crazy but I decided to build a high resolution 3D Printer by myself at home (people actually said that I was crazy and this was impossible). The funny thing I never saw this type of machines in real life, and still haven’t seen one besides the one I built.

Now that I succeed building the first prototype, the target is to bring this low cost 3D Printer to every home, so we are developing the first affordable one with high resolution.

I hope you enjoy our blog, follow us and you can have this printer in your home soon.