Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Introduction and background...

Well, I will start this blog with short introduction: My name is Junior (actually is not but as I have the same name as my father I kind of adopted this name because it was easy to differentiate when my mom was screaming at me or my father).

When I was very young (maybe 5 years old) I started opening everything with a screwdriver... after X'mas when kids were playing with their toys, I was opening my toys to understand how they work...

Most of the times I was able to assemble it back... but always was not able to find a place for all screws... :)

At age of 12 I built my own gasoline motorized bicycle...

Ok, let’s keep this short.

I start thinking on 3d Printing many years ago when I saw a video of the first SLAs, quite nice, but too expensive for me. So I have been working in some ideas. For few months last year I worked in a Powder printer, using a HP DeskJet and powder. I did manage to control the printer and create a flatbed printer but the powder is an issue, where I live the humidity is over 80% in average and powder become stone overnight.

So I gave up… I was planning to build something with plastic similar to Makerbot http://makerbot.com/ but I was looking for some ideas to improve the resolution… and I think I found the right solution that I expect to share here.

Ok, few things before we start:

- The ideas here were not tested by me before, so if you going to try it will be by your own risk. I do not guarantee the results.
- As I am quite busy in my work I do not guarantee when I will be able to post new things.


Cheers,

Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Project


I have been dreaming about having a 3D Printer at home for many years, but the ones with good quality are not affordable and the low costs just deliver poor quality. Sounds crazy but I decided to build a high resolution 3D Printer by myself at home (people actually said that I was crazy and this was impossible). The funny thing I never saw this type of machines in real life, and still haven’t seen one besides the one I built.

Now that I succeed building the first prototype, the target is to bring this low cost 3D Printer to every home, so we are developing the first affordable one with high resolution.

I hope you enjoy our blog, follow us and you can have this printer in your home soon.