Saturday, September 11, 2010

First findings..... while printing... Now I will go out for a drink :)

1) I used curing time = 4 seconds, I think it was too much, the resin got too strong and start to stick on the acrylic. It became because of the over curing.

2)
You need to wait few seconds after curing one layer so the resin can settle better and avoid bubbles

3) You need enough resin to cover at least the Tilt area. As it was my first test I used just 90ml of resin (economy mode.. hahahaha). It was big mistake, the bubbles start to appear and once they became big part of the layer the object broke because of the lack of the strength combined with over curing.

4) After finished...don't wash anything with detergent or soap... store the remaining resin in a anti-light recipient and leave the remaining one on the tank. Use the light to cure all the remaining resin in the thank, so you can remove it easily.

5) My thank is made by acrylic... works pretty fine and VERY cheap... comparing to the quartz I bought before (didn't work with quartz).

Many things that I will right later... but the method works and the resin is good for that.

Cheers,

Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Project


I have been dreaming about having a 3D Printer at home for many years, but the ones with good quality are not affordable and the low costs just deliver poor quality. Sounds crazy but I decided to build a high resolution 3D Printer by myself at home (people actually said that I was crazy and this was impossible). The funny thing I never saw this type of machines in real life, and still haven’t seen one besides the one I built.

Now that I succeed building the first prototype, the target is to bring this low cost 3D Printer to every home, so we are developing the first affordable one with high resolution.

I hope you enjoy our blog, follow us and you can have this printer in your home soon.