Thursday, October 14, 2010
Good looking Printer...
While waiting for a solution for the bottom stickiness I spent sometime "beautifying" the printer, actually most of the things I have done are was mainly to avoid external light source that could cure the resin and improve the printer.
Really looks nice now...
Most of the things are made from acrylic sheet. The transparent red acrylic protects the building area from external light.. pretty cool...
About the Project
I have been dreaming about having a 3D Printer at home for many years, but the ones with good quality are not affordable and the low costs just deliver poor quality. Sounds crazy but I decided to build a high resolution 3D Printer by myself at home (people actually said that I was crazy and this was impossible). The funny thing I never saw this type of machines in real life, and still haven’t seen one besides the one I built.
Now that I succeed building the first prototype, the target is to bring this low cost 3D Printer to every home, so we are developing the first affordable one with high resolution.
I hope you enjoy our blog, follow us and you can have this printer in your home soon.